You might have noticed we've been hibernating for the winter, but the inner romantic in all of us at FunnySpoon had to come out for Valentine's Day! So we teamed up with our friends at Kisseo eCards to give you some last-minute do's and don'ts for Valentine's Day. We wish you all a special day tomorrow!
Either you're sick of all our Valentine's Day articles or you're excited for tomorrow! For those of you who aren't overloaded on candy hearts, we have one more post for you in our series and we feel like we've saved the best for last: What to Eat on Valentine's Day.
Because what's more exciting than indulgent food, right? OK, we can think of one thing but this isn't that type of blog!
With a little help from our friends at FunnySpoon.com, we've compiled the ultimate Eat vs. Don't Eat Guide for Valentine's Day. Get your appetites ready!
Avoid like the plague:
- Ingredients that give you bad breath, leaving you unkissable at the end of the night. Examples: excessive amounts of onion or garlic.
- Anything that could potentially get stuck in your teeth. Examples: Pesto and oregano.
- Any foods that leave your stomach feeling unsettled so you have to cut the date short or make an embarrassing dash for the bathroom. Examples: Beans or Indian food.
- Ingredients one of you could be allergic to. The last thing you want is to swell up like a chipmunk, break out in a rash or start coughing hysterically. Examples: strawberries, nuts, shellfish.
- Food that is hard to eat. You'll be focusing on eating instead of conversing! Examples: lobster in the shell, escargot.
- Anything with chopsticks unless you're both experienced. No need to complicated things!
- Anything messy. 'Nuff said.
- Anything that requires you to eat with your hands, other than sides like bread. Examples: oysters
- Any dish too spicy runs the risk of breaking out in a sweat when you're trying to appear cool and collected. Examples: jalapenos, certain ethnic foods
Wondering what in the world is left? Try this easy and delicious V-day menu! It's ready in a snap so you can focus more on your date:
Spinach Fettuccine Alfredo & Chicken
And before you fire up the stove, be sure to fire off a Valentine's Day ecard to your sweetheart!
I'm thinking of you
Kisseo eCards is the global leader in online greeting cards, with free eCards for every occasion. Send a Valentine's Day card today, either on their website or Facebook!