Labor day unofficially marks the end of summer, so profit from these last few days of sun, free time, and savory BBQ moments. Here are a few things that will keep the labor out of your holiday and allow you the enjoyment you deserve!
- School is just around the corner, so keep your money in your pockets and don't buy a bunch of decorations. It's just not necessary! Show some pizazz with colorful desserts, such as stuffed strawberries or liven up ice cubes by dropping in some brightly colored fruit.
- If you can prepare it in advance, why not? Potato salad is a must at all backyard dinning events and it actually tastes better if you let it sit (in the fridge) for at least 30 minutes before serving. So, the night before your party boil your potatoes, chop your veggies, toss together, and let chill overnight in the fridge.
- It's hot, so it's a good thing you can whip up ice cream sodas and floats in a jiffy. Just remember to not fill your glass too high with soda or you'll have quite a mess on your hands!
- And what is the most important part of any backyard cookout? Why the grill of course! On the morning of your lovely holiday sling your chosen pieces of meat, seafood, or veggies (with your favorite marinade or rub, of course) into a large ziplock bag and let marinate for 6 hours. This way you won't lose any precious time when your guests arrive.
- Lastly, don't forget to relax, laugh, and enjoy some delicious bits and time with friends and family!