SSS #3: Kickstart Your Metabolism

We've learned that breakfast is the most important meal of the day since we were kids. In fact, I'm sure all of you mothers out there tell your kids the same thing. And you probably have a mini panic attack when you can't get them to eat breakfast before heading off to school. Yet you aren't practicing what you preach ... you have your morning coffee and off you go. I'm guilty of it too, on occassion, but I really make an effort to eat something. It's true that eating breakfast really does kickstart your metabolism. There's no reason to try to save calories by skipping breakfast ... you're only setting yourself up for your body to store everything 'in reserve' that you eat later in the day.

So, use our Super Summer Slimdown tip and kickstart your metabolism with a smart, high protein breakfast like eggwhites and toast. However, if you're on the go (like me) and the idea of actually preparing breakfast is daunting, then try this easy breakfast of cheese and crackers - it's high in protein, the right carb balance and, best of all, it's portable!! Grab 2 cheese sticks and 4 or 5 Melba Toast Rounds. Breakfast is served!








What are your tips for a quick breakfast (likely to be eaten in the car)?

Facebook Twitter Delicious Stumble Digg

3 comments:

lindsay said...

Kick up your metabolism another notch and spice up your egg whites with some jalapeƱo or cayenne pepper and trade out the Mozzarella for Pepper Jack!

Vicki said...

Such a great idea, linz! I always seem to forget but yeah, you can totally add spicy stuff to almost anything. I usually put a little salsa on top of my omelets for extra kick!

lindsay said...

I have an hour commute to work so I’m always eating breakfast on-the-go. I really enjoy having egg whites for breakfast, but don’t have the time to make them nor is it very easy to eat while driving. So, I’ll hard-boil some eggs the night before and then cut them up so I can discard the yolk [or give them to my dog :)] and then I’ve got a protein packed breakfast on the go. (Hard-boiled eggs can last for a few days in the fridge so you can make extras and save time later in the week!) Now if I could figure out how to get the salsa and the cheese into my hard-boiled egg whites it would be so much more complete…

© 2011. FunnySpoon: Sassy Cooking Shortcuts is proudly powered by Blogger.
Blogger Template