Mix Your Cheeses

I'm a huge cheese lover and am always finding ways to sneak cheese into things. One of my favorite tips is to simply mix cheeses. Whatever you're doing, instead of using the full amount of one cheese, use half the amount of two cheeses.

My favorite extra-cheesy FunnySpoon recipe is Gourmet Mac and Cheese. You start with your traditional cheddar and combine it with Italian 3-Cheese. Cheesy, gooey goodness!

Some of my other faves:

1) Grilled cheese sandwiches: slice of cheddar and a slice of provolone
2) Omelet: shredded monterey jack and shredded swiss
3) Pasta: grated parmesan and romano
4) Cheese and crackers: spread some Boursin or Alouette, then top with a thin slice of brie or chevre
5) Pizza: shredded mozzarella and provel

I always keep lots of different cheeses on hand in all forms (shredded, sliced, blocks, etc.) and toss together whatever I'm in the mood for!

What's your favorite cheesy combo?

Facebook Twitter Delicious Stumble Digg

0 comments:

© 2011. FunnySpoon: Sassy Cooking Shortcuts is proudly powered by Blogger.
Blogger Template