Spices: Fresh vs. Dried

I know I'm supposed to say I prefer fresh herbs and spices to dried spices. And I won't lie, you can't deny the great flavor of some fresh basil. But dried spices are so much EASIER! And I can keep them on hand and just throw together a quick dinner without having to run to the store. So if I'm already at the store, I'll consider picking some up, but when I'm staring into my pantry trying to decide what to have for dinner, it's great to know I've got an arsenal of spices at the ready.

And I'm sure most people know this, but my handy tip of the day is that 1 tsp. of dried herbs/spices = 1 tbsp. fresh herbs/spices. So keep that in mind if you're making substitutions in recipes. Bon appetit!

Facebook Twitter Delicious Stumble Digg

0 comments:

© 2011. FunnySpoon: Sassy Cooking Shortcuts is proudly powered by Blogger.
Blogger Template